1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Had to reset the forums because the backup I made didn't work -.- btw were keeping the name Distinction Gaming
    Dismiss Notice

To Be Implemented gangs in jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bobe kryant, Oct 12, 2016.

?

What do you think?

1. Its cool!

35 vote(s)
    94.6%
  2. No thanks.

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. bobe kryant

bobe kryant User

Simple Description:
    I am actually really considering putting my time and effort making a plugin which allows the Jailbreak to hold an sm_gang command.

This command consists of the player either creating (costs 1000 merits) or joining (costs x merits, choice of creator) gangs.

The gang leaders can purchase bonuses, like extra speed boost, chance of spawning with a scout... eg

Commands
    sm_gangs - open the gangs menu
    sm_merit - view your current merit
    sm_gangmerits - view your current gang merits
    sm_donategang - donate merits to your current gang
    sm_donate (player name) - donate merits to your friends
    sm_setcredits <#userid|name> [amount] - admin command (ROOT) for set credits in players
    ...more to be implemented

Thanks in advanced,
    bobe

Ladykiller, Alkon, Fergy and 2 others like this.
  2. Aspiring Musician

Aspiring Musician User

I mean, I like the Idea but generally things on this server are stricter and dont have room for additions like this. I vote that its cool though and I would actually like to have it implemented personally.

bobe kryant likes this.
  3. FaZe Fan Boy

FaZe Fan Boy User

I honestly don't know... I think you would have to make sure it doesn't make JB not JB anymore.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    bobe kryant likes this.
  4. Randy

Randy User

I honestly love the idea of gangs i think it would be cool to have them talk to kieran personally to see if he would add it

bobe kryant likes this.
  5. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav User

I like the idea, however the example of
    would be way too overpowered. even with pistols.

I REALLY like the concept though. Yes, it's something different so some people might oppose to it, but I think it could really help the server stay unique.

My suggestions:
    • Make "merits", or credits, challenging to get. You don't want EVERY prisoner to have speed boost for example. So in general make it difficult enough to require people to join big gangs if they want useful perks.
    • Credits earned from killing, flashing, damaging guards. Would also be cool if you got a credit multiplier for getting X amount of kills in X time, or X amount of kills in a single round.
    • Also earn credits every time you get to LR, and even more credits when you win the round.
    • Perk suggestions: Higher chance of spawning with bomb, higher knife damage (limited), chance of spawning with grenades, colored clan tags, etc. speed boost and jump boost would be cool, but they could interfere with games like frlr, bhop, gun toss, and surf.

jøde faen, DaZeeY and bobe kryant like this.
  6. Rapidz

Rapidz User

i think having any boost like jump or speed will affect the game big time but being able to use credits to buy like a flash or smoke woud be cool buying guns would ruin the expirence as 1 person can kill cts without them even starting.

bobe kryant likes this.
  7. FaZe Fan Boy

FaZe Fan Boy User

This would be awesome! What @Emmanuelddav said I personally think would make JB alot more fun!

8. bobe kryant

bobe kryant User

Very true guys

9. Aspiring Musician

Aspiring Musician User

Okay well then lets add on to this. If we're concerned with balance why not have a CT equivalent of gangs? The CT's could have movespeed etc or more armor to account for spawning with glocks and scouts. Scouts might be overpowered but for pistols I think more armor could just fix that

10. Lembo

Lembo User

Definitely would be a cool addition but like everyone said it would be a bit OP as stated now. I do agree with Rapidz that like a flash bang or smoke would be fine, I'd even be willing to say any grenades as they're easily avoidable and KOSable.

11. Rapidz

Rapidz User

that would be terrible nothing game changing like a flash or smoke also nades and mollys

12. Lembo

Lembo User

To this extent I'd honestly say let's just get a second jailbreak server geared for addons and plugins like this and models etc. The additions would need to be small not to change our server too much so having one serious, lightly modded server, and one less serious, more heavily modded server would make more sense to me

13. Rapidz

Rapidz User

so take server space we can use to add more gamemodes like surf,1v1,comp for a modded jailbreak I don't see it

14. FaZe Fan Boy

FaZe Fan Boy User

Yes! CT gangs and T gangs! I think this would be good!

bobe kryant likes this.
  15. Envy

Envy User

All in all, its our server, We can ballance it and make it perfect. Its a great idea, and i hate rebelers. We just need to fine balance :D

bobe kryant likes this.
  16. Aspiring Musician

Aspiring Musician User

There are ABSOLUTELY ways to make CT and T gangs/corps work. I think it would be a fun addition. Plus me and Randy want to wear timbs in our gang

17. Alkon

Alkon User

Would love to see it implement. It can't change gameplay too much tho. Also I would love to see gangs have tags which you get in front of your name

bobe kryant likes this.
  18. Envy

Envy User

That seems pretty clean. Wouldnt change gameplay, but maybe you can make it so they spawn together or something, not a big change either!

19. Aspiring Musician

Aspiring Musician User

Personally I want gang members to have collision so that you can boost and do cool stuff.

20. DaZeeY

DaZeeY User

bobe kryant and Envy like this.