1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Enjoy playing our servers and want to support the community? Purchase VIP today!

Implemented Spelling Bee

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Alphys, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphys

Alphys User

A suggestion for a game would be a spelling bee! Credits: @bobe kryant
    There would have to be under 10 prisoners, and wardens would give words and a time limit to spell them. The winner would get ST, or choose someone to die. The ones who fail could possibly die or not get the prize. If people survive, there would be another round. Also, t's could choose to play this game. Emma added that you wouldn't have to choose to play it. realize this sounds like a generic opinionated game, but it is NOT opinionated but in fact based on skill. People might look up words, but everyone could do that and there would be a time limit to put your word in chat. I hope this is added as an official game. :)

Revised version: Spelling Bee is a non-opinionated that players can choose to participate in. Orders will be given over microphone and all contestents must be given 1 repeat or more if the word was obviously not clear. Each bunch of survivors will have a harder level of words, until one survives and is given one game of special treatment. It would have to be played with under 10 players and there would still be players alive after this because a lot of people will probably not play. The prisoners will answer over text chat, and will be given a fair amount of time based on the level and difficulty of the word decided by a warden. If they get the answer wrong, they die. If no one get the word right, the game ends. If one or more get the word right, the game continues with the players who got it right and the ones who didn't get it right would die. There MUST be a winner of this game so once 2-3 terrorists remain they will not die if they get the word wrong, only no ST. This would NOT be unfair to the other contestants due to the fact that the last 3 made it to the last round.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Emmanuelddav and bobe kryant like this.
  2. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav yung turkey Advisor Premium VIP

Sounds good, it should just follow trivia rules.

since it's a non-opinionated game, they don't get a chance to decide if they wish to participate or not.
    should be allowed to pick t's to die, but ST could be a reward as well.

3. DaZeeY

DaZeeY User

Trivia rule: Question over text chat.

I dont like This game at All, loads of people are from other countries and they have like 10% to win because they can spreak decend english but cant spell (like me :p)

4. Alphys

Alphys User

@DaZeeY Yes, but that would not be how it is played. I completely understand where you are coming from and that is why I think it would be better of having prisoners choose if they want to play.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    DaZeeY likes this.
  5. bobe kryant

bobe kryant Member

Well @DaZeeY It is opinionated, so you may opt out of participating.

6. Alphys

Alphys User

@bobe kryant I actually believe it is not opinionated due to the fact you must spell the word right or else you die or do not get a prize. The warden does not judge your spelling, it is factual.

7. bobe kryant

bobe kryant Member

My apologies, meant to say you may have a choice to either participate or not. It isn't opinionated as it is based on general literacy knowledge.

8. Lembo

Lembo nick ger Advisor Premium VIP

Sounds cool, but it has a few issues that need to be figured out. I think you should consider it as non-trivia, opinionated game and have the warden give the word(s) over mic clearly.

DaZeeY likes this.
  9. bobe kryant

bobe kryant Member

10. Alphys

Alphys User

@Lembo How would it be opinionated if it is based on skill?

11. Lembo

Because you chose to take the risk of mishearing the warden give out the word. The main reason I say opinionated is because the words would be done over microphone.

12. Alphys

Alphys User

@Lembo Okay. I understand that but opinionated refers to a game in which the CT's / Wardens opinions are being actively shown and used in the game. This game's correct responses are steadfast and factual. As long as the warden has a sufficient mic, he would not be able to say the words unclearly to certain people. If so, that would be favoritism and he'd be swapped. If the word was said unclearly, the prisoner could ask for 1 repeat.

13. Lembo

I'm aware of what an opinionated game is, I'm just saying categorizing it as such will prevent the guaranteed complaining of someone dying and blaming it on mic quality/spelling or whatever.

14. bobe kryant

bobe kryant Member

Well it still shouldn't be classified as OPINIONATED, Because if a game is opinionated, it is unduly adhering to the warden's own opinion or to his preconceived notions, Which is incorrect as the warden may not kill ''x'' for any reason excluding him getting the answer incorrect.

15. Alphys

Alphys User

@bobe kryant Yes, bobe gave a glorified version of my response.

bobe kryant likes this.
  16. Lembo

You both seem to miss my point of saying that having it categorized thusly is just a way to avoid issues. In no way is spelling opinion based, there are just better regulations on opinionated games than there are for trivia to be applied to such a game.

Rapidz likes this.
  17. DaZeeY

DaZeeY User

Normal english please? I dont understand this o_O

bobe kryant likes this.
  18. bobe kryant

bobe kryant Member

Thus if you please, We may not categorise it as any thing else but opinionated. That is outrageous as there is zero logic and no connotations with general literacy knowledge.

19. Alphys

Alphys User

@DaZeeY The game is NOT opinionated because the warden's OPINION would not be used in the killing of the terrorists. @Lembo I understand your point but I don't believe this is necessary, I suggested rules and it could be added as a new category or just a uncategorized game to the rules.

DaZeeY likes this.
  20. Technicality™

Technicality™ Member Premium VIP

Agree with the problems but great idea i would love to see it become part of jailbreak

Alphys likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.