1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Had to reset the forums because the backup I made didn't work -.- btw were keeping the name Distinction Gaming
    Dismiss Notice

Implemented Monetization

Discussion in 'Archive' started by moleman, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moleman

moleman User

I think the forums/ts3/server will need some form of payed vip. I feel that this could be the form of pets that you can buy on a weekly basis or you could pay for chat colors. You could also have it so you pay for temporary spawn items so you payed say 5$ to have a flashbang spawn every round for a week. This could help to advance the community and invest people in Distinct.

2. Night

Night Guest

I do agree we need some sort of VIP system (which is very easy with XenForo). But as for the VIP features, I'm not sure I agree. It seems that it could get a little spammy. I just think we should have basic VIP privileges, at least for the time being.

3. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav User

tbh it would be nice to see a pointshop.

chrisblammo123 likes this.
  4. moleman

moleman User

so much +1 but keep it an earned thing

5. Kieran

Kieran Founder

I plan on adding some sort of monetization, but only things that are not going to effect gameplay too much or make it unfair.

Hugo likes this.
  6. Randy

Randy User

A shop would be fucking lit custom charachter skins and shit

chrisblammo123 likes this.
  7. Alkon

Alkon User

Like Kieran said, VIP things shouldn't effect gameplay too much. I would like to hear any suggestion you make about adding VIP stuff tho.

8. Alkon

Alkon User

Thats the cancer of JB and other CSGO servers. Before joining you have to wait up to 15 mins to wait for all the stuff to load. As a custom characters, some othet CT and T skins would be fine if they arent too much off topic.

Kieran and Randy like this.
  9. Randy

Randy User

yeah i guess you make a good point when i do play on servers that have that stuff it takes a good amount of time to load in. its cool and neat to have but not a necessity.

10. moleman

moleman User

I like what you said about the t and ct skins other than the default but still within cs

11. Alkon

Alkon User

12. Chicken

Chicken User

Monetization is the thing that keeps servers and communities running. I don't remember seeing a server/gaming community without some sort of a donation system.
    Hosting a server has it's price, it may not seem a lot now but if we want to grow as a community we will have to eventually expand to more servers/games.
    That's why we mainly need it, to cover the costs of everything so we don't have to spend our own money every month to keep this running.
    I have some experience with running game servers and it's not easy to get a bunch of players to play on your server and join your community. But we shouldn't forget that there are always people who want to help the community grow by donating.
    And the donator perks are here to attract other people to donating.

So as a conclusion: we should definitely implement a monetization system to our servers, but there are higher priorities now (setting everything up). When it's all set and we're up and running then is the time we should start working on monetization.

UnholyGhost and Alkon like this.
  13. moleman

moleman User

Well put I completely agree

Chicken likes this.
  14. Shirk

Shirk User

Personally I would love some sort of player model changes for VIP since I would definitely purchase VIP.

UnholyGhost, Randy and Chicken like this.
  15. Fergy

Fergy User

V.I.P Sounds like a good idea however as alkon and many others in this thread have said it should be balanced and not give donors too much of an unfair advantage, if any at all. It's to be expected of a community that wants to grow for it to have a donation system, as chicken said:

16. Sawman1401

Sawman1401 User

I believe I have heard @Kieran has said that doesn't want special models because it makes the server downloads longer.

Fergy and Envy like this.
  17. Kitty Kano

Kitty Kano User

I don't think adding like 3 models for each team would make it download too long

18. Aspiring Musician

Aspiring Musician User

I don't think spawning with flashes etc would be op but I don't like it. I think at most hats/masks for Vip

19. moleman

moleman User

Kieran and UnholyGhost like this.
  20. UnholyGhost

UnholyGhost User

I think that if you add colors and more special ranks to the server that would be pretty awesome , and make it so that VIP's can change the color of their name.
    maybe even add special ranks to people that have a certain amount of hours played on the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.