1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Had to reset the forums because the backup I made didn't work -.- btw were keeping the name Distinction Gaming
    Dismiss Notice

Rejected Admin + Room?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sexual Frustration, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexual Frustration

Sexual Frustration User

I think that a room should be added to teamspeak for admin and higher so that admins can communicate together without interruption to discuss game related issues etc, since typing in admin chat can be quite tedious and it is sometimes hard to talk about sensitive subjects with other non admins jumping into the channel(s).

2. Lembo

Lembo User

Buy VIP and use VIP rooms, give Kieran that sweet, sweet greenback.

Kieran likes this.
  3. Sexual Frustration

Sexual Frustration User

I'm ratchet, besides the room would be intended for only admining related talk, not general shooting the shit without sexual

4. DaZeeY

DaZeeY User

You are trying to discuss something which only affects admins so why dont You just post it in admin+?

5. Papyrus

Papyrus User

I Actually agree with this. There should be an admin room so that admins can comminucate without regular players being in the room.

6. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav User

"ay did u see that? should i swap?"
    >"yeah dude just swap him"
    "alright i'm getting bored u wanna go play something else?"
    >"yeah let's go play some comp"
    "can u make a vip private room?"
    >"no lol"
    "alright lmao just stay in this admin room so chrisblammo can't join"

7. Alphys

Alphys User

@Emmanuelddav Yea, well, that wouldn't be allowed but I agree. @Sexual Meme Otherwise, TBH, this really isn't needed because you can almost always find an obscure empty room on TS3 to join and talk about the material. Also, if said material is so sensitive, such as a ban, why must it be discussed in a way that it'd be annoying to type it out? There is a clear protocol to follow, and the only thing I could think could be discussed is someone hacking. Otherwise, it's straightforward. Anything that needs to be discussed should really be able to be discussed in admin chat or a VIP room.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Emmanuelddav likes this.
  8. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav User

You're missing my point. I'm showing how a regular talk in that admin room would be like. I don't support the idea.
    That's why we have VIP if they need to make private rooms to talk about sensitive info :)

Korean(고독한) likes this.
  9. Alphys

Alphys User

@Emmanuelddav oh, no I completely agree with you. Sorry if it wasn't clear I was responding to the idea in general, specifically sexual memes points

Emmanuelddav likes this.
  10. Sexual Frustration

Sexual Frustration User

I mean I get there's vip rooms, but there's many non vip admins, and I think there'ssome non vip higher ups too; alphys as far as your question as to using a vip room, I just partially answered it; my other reason is this did occur last night where admins were attempting to discuss an alleged hacker and said player kept joining our ts room when we switched so we had to type long ass paragraphs in admin chat, and there were multiple of us having to do this, so it made it quite annoying.

11. Alphys

Alphys User

@Sexual Meme but how often is there both a user following you and a hacker that isn't blatantly obvious?

12. Xados

Xados User

We have admin chat for a reason :)

13. Sexual Frustration

Sexual Frustration User

alpyhys it has happened, but the other problem is having other non admins that follow that are in game, eg you are hacking and xados keeps following me which results in exposing us trying to get proof or have multiple admins see due to alphys telling xados since he kept joining our ts

14. Lembo

Lembo User

Just say in admin chat that you are watching the hacker. You shouldn't really ban a hacker if the proof isn't enough that you can judge yourself that they are definitely hacking.

15. Alphys

Alphys User

16. Futurepast

Futurepast User

I agree fully with Sexual meme. I see your point emma about how admins may change the conversation to something different from what should be said but there should also be consquences for people who abuse the admin voice chat. This would be very helpful to discuss mfk's and discuss whether a player is hacking or not.
    I give a yes to this plugin.

17. Alphys

Alphys User

@Futurepast Respectfully, what the heck is there to discuss about a MFK? "I got logs..." maybe? like if you want to say "he thought he said no jumping on an upon arrival command he just told me" it's very easy to type out. Also, about the hacking part, read what @Lembo wrote. It's just really just unnecessary. We have admin chat and if you want to talk find an empty lobby or make a VIP room. Simple as that. If someone is following you, and you really think it's sensitive material for a user, you should suck it up and write it out in admin chat. Not that that happens often at all.

18. Alphys

Alphys User

Its just a TS3 lobby Futurepast btw not a plugin (my quote isn't working.)

19. Lembo

Lembo User

Yea I will say in my experience as an admin, there isn't really any sensitive issues you admins have to talk about unless you're leadership or MAYBE if you're on a team.

20. Sexual Frustration

Sexual Frustration User

The whole point is just to simplify conversation between admins without the disruption of random players coming in, it would also benefit our newly recruited admins if they would like to have one on one discussion with an admin so they can hear detailed reasons on swaps etc to help make them a better admin, but i mean if theres so much negative feedback on this lets get a closed thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.