1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Had to reset the forums because the backup I made didn't work -.- btw were keeping the name Distinction Gaming
    Dismiss Notice

Rejected !spec

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Papyrus, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papyrus

Papyrus User

So I think this would be a cool little feature so basically you do !spec and a menu would come up of all the people spectating you. Idk its just a small little thing that would be cool to see on the server

2. Alphys

Alphys User

It sounds okay but not necessary.

3. Sexual Frustration

Sexual Frustration User

I'm going to -1 this because it would allow potential hackers or exploiting players to see if they have a greater chance of getting away with what they are doing. For example, if Kieran was using aim assist, he would !spec before toggling, and then notice that Alkon is watching him, and then he would refrain from toggling, making it harder for Alkon to determine if he is hacking.
    Obviously you can see at any time if there are any current spectators, but I'm sure if someone were to hack or exploit on our server and knew of this command and were bright enough they would use it to their advantage, almost making it impossible to verify a person is hacking or exploiting, and yes there are other ways to catch someone, but spectating is in my opinion one of the most useful and quickest ways to catch someone, aside from them not attempting to cover their tracks.

Emmanuelddav likes this.
  4. Alphys

Alphys User

5. Kieran

Kieran Founder

Marked as rejected see below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.