1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Enjoy playing our servers and want to support the community? Purchase VIP today!

Implemented TNT Run on jb minecraft beta

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Power_Outlet, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Change rule for TNT Run?

1. Keep it how it is.

2. Has to be by set time(Cannot say actively pursue)

3. Can only do it with like 5-10 or less

4. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Power_Outlet

Power_Outlet Member

(If other, please comment what you want it to be)

Wardens have started to abuse the TNT run on this map by forcing them to actively pursue. Usually 1 or 2 T's dies immediately causing others to die/take damage as well. I would like to put in a rule that you cannot force T's to actively pursue that game, change it so you have to just have it done by a certain time. (Must be fair time) Either this or make it so this game can only be played with an amount or less.

"I think this thread should cover all games that do damage to multiple Ts upon contact, and only allow one T at a time, unless it is a game that is intended to kill multiple like four couches or four square etc." -Sexual

Agreed, games where it does damage to multiple T's should only penalize the T who made the mistake.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Mathematically

Mathematically Member

10 T's or less so it doesn't delay the round and must go one by one. (They can go after T is far enough so they are safe from free damage)

3. Sexual Frustration

Sexual Frustration Member

I think this thread should cover all games that do damage to multiple Ts upon contact, and only allow one T at a time, unless it is a game that is intended to kill multiple like four couches or four square etc.

4. jøde faen

jøde faen Member

Because there are the health beacons you could let the ts that have not gone stay in there and have them go once they won't get hurt so they don't take damage but that would be easier to rebel with

5. Jordan

Jordan yung rooster Advisor Admin Support

Yeah, all games that do AOE damage upon impact, should be 5-10 players/one-by-one.

6. Sexual Frustration

Just make it a 10 or less game, and if it does AOE damage, unless it is instantly kills, players must go one by one so it isnt providing unfair advantage.

7. Mathematically

Mathematically Member

This should be already enforced based on the rule that warden must give all players a fair chance to complete the game. If you are taking damage from other T's which is not your own fault and end up losing the game that is not considered giving you a fair chance. In my opinion we should be enforcing this already.

8. Sexual Frustration

Right so here is the problem currently with enforcing it that I see:

Scenario: Warden makes Ts wait near the entrance, Papyrus does TNT run, and hits for example a TNT block to the left, after the first set. During this Player B was standing at entrance and claims he took damage.
    Problematic Scenario: Player B CLAIMS that he took 10 damage from TNT block, however he did not.
    This problematic scenario now either results is a false firing, or having to look through the logs to see if Player B really did take damage, which depending on log activity (CTs killing rebels, other Ts doing TNT, or text chat) this can take a minute or two, maybe more if you're a newer admin.

At this point in the scenario admin Mathematically is on his first day as admin, and is looking through the logs and has wasted lets say slightly over one minute since he was having trouble due to log activity, and couldn't easily find the text log of Player B taking 10 damage from World.

Now we are one minute into the game, this can reasonably be completed in one minute if there are 10 or less alive. So now, Papyrus and Alkon have won, and they are currently in an LR with Warden and another CT.

At this point, warden being fired has no affect, and multiple people have died from the game, and some had lost due to unfair advantage, however, since Mathematically in this scenario should have fired warden after Player B took 10 damage, it is not reasonable to grudge ban him for not following the unfair advantage rule, since admin SHOULD have fired him before Player B died from his unfair advantage.

How this can be avoided:
    Warn the warden to keep the Ts far enough away from TNT run, or any other games that do damage in a radius, and if he ignores and a T actually dies from the unfair advantage (Not running into a block, but for example there are two Ts in TNT run and one dies from the other hitting a block) then swap for grudge freekill since warden caused the T to die and he was warned before starting.

9. Mathematically

Mathematically Member

I agree and to avoid delaying the round since they have to go 1 by 1, can only do it when 10 or less are left

10. Randy

Randy Member

or we could change the map game to have trigger_hurt instead of trigger_killallt's

11. Sexual Frustration

Do we really want to edit all what 15 maps and each of their 2 games to have a command changed in them?
    By we, I mean Kieran.
    I ain't down to tear a map apart.

12. jøde faen

jøde faen Member

It isn't tearing it apart

13. Power_Outlet

Power_Outlet Member

we dont have to change anything on the maps, we can just put it in the rules like "Games that do damage to all T's at once, must be 10 and under" something like that at least.

14. Sexual Frustration

Any game that does damage in a radius must be played with under 10 Ts, and Warden must not order Ts to be in harms way without their consent.
    OR
    Make it just a Warden rule
    Warden must not order Ts to be close enough to take damage from a game while they are not currently playing it.

Then we would have to enforce warden making Ts go one by one, so that a T may not cause another T to die, otherwise it would be an unfair advantage, as some may not take damage from their fellow Ts playing

15. Lembo

Lembo YIFF manager Team Manager Media Team Premium VIP

Eh I mean everyone should equally be damaged by the explosions so it's not exactly unfair. This game would probably take 3-4 minutes at least if played slowly or one by one. You die on impact if you personally make the mistake, so overall your health doesn't matter until you die from an explosion that you didn't create.

Seeing as your own mistake is an insta kill, warden should either heal T's at their request mid game, or leave a checkpoint where there is a beacon. This way the game isn't that long.

jøde faen likes this.
  16. jøde faen

jøde faen Member

so is this a rule now because ive seen admins enforcing this

17. Mathematically

Mathematically Member

It is unfair even if they are equally damaged. Think about it, if a T dies and did not make a single mistake in the game that is not given a fair chance to complete the game like the rules specify. Just because they all have approximately the same probability of getting damaged does not make it fair.

And 1 by 1 does not nescessarily mean you have to wait untill they finish the game. The next T can pursue when the other is far enough. Finally, by making it only playable when 10 or less T's are participating it would not delay the round

"Games must give all prisoners a chance to fairly participate and compete."

Making them all go at once clearly violates that

18. jøde faen

jøde faen Member

It can be easily completed if you make them all go but let them take their ti,me

19. Mathematically

Mathematically Member

No, T's can still make mistakes and hurt other T's who did not

20. jøde faen

jøde faen Member

take their ti,me
    take their ti,me
    take their ti,me
    take their ti,me
    take their ti,me
    take their ti,me

Thread Status: