1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Had to reset the forums because the backup I made didn't work -.- btw were keeping the name Distinction Gaming
    Dismiss Notice

Rejected CT Requirement and Admins

Discussion in 'Archive' started by EsseoS, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EsseoS

EsseoS User

For a while, we have had a lot of really bad CT's. (Reflex, pranx, Rolf Jacob Soutorius, and oneshot to name a few)

What do all these CT's have in common? They aren't members.

Now, you are supposed to read the rules before joining CT, and all of these people have free killed, baited, most have mass RDM'd most importantly and nothing to prove they know the rules.

I'm not trying to attack these 3, they're just examples. I am proposing that CT is restricted to a special rank. So so many times a day, We get CT's who break the rules, especially when there is no Admins on, which is a lot of the time (No joke) and it is always non-members who have no idea what the rules are, and when a link for the JB rules is posted, 90% of the time the same freekilling CT is in fact playing the game still, not swapping themselves and reading the rules, like they should be!

It would be a good idea to put the JB rules page in that news thing when you join the server, with the go button in the bottom right, or at least a notice that says you need special permissions to join CT, first off.

The permission does not include a tag or anything, just a confirmation given by admins and advisors that allows to join CT. It should be a rules test, and we already have people like Xados and Damian, Me, and some others who deserve it right away.

"Oh, but why not call an admin on instead?" That brings up my second point:

out of the admins I know, Aspiring is there at night, sometimes. Alkon and Sawman usually I never see on unless someone calls them and RAPIDZ, I honestly can't say yet. Not only that but most of the time, the admins on my friends list are away, offline, or on another game.

I don't mind who gets admin (I mean they need to know the rules), but we need more, and not just more. We need an admin for each part of the day. Yesterday afternoon the server went to hell pretty quick without admins. Also during that morning we had a lot of rule breaking going on (as in we had 4 CT's who would not pursue warden and wouldn't swap, which now that I think about it, happens A LOT). Right now there is not enough admins to have at least one on at all times, and that is also a big issue.

so:

- Add some sort of requirement to Join CT
    and / or
    - Get more admins

2. EsseoS

EsseoS User

Edit: Just had a warday, and we had 3 T's not pursuing but they couldn't be kicked because our only admin was AFK and a CT was killing from inside armory. See what I mean?

The warday was LR Room on vipinthemix by the way.

3. Fergy

Fergy User

Also we had a warday where they did not specify the warday zone.
    Even in saying that, I don't think there should be restrictions as it will deter people that are not really involved in the community from playing ct which is quite a desirable role.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  4. Sawman1401

Sawman1401 User

@Alkon @EsseoS Do you realize people live in different time zones? me and Alkon get on at special times?

5. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav User

lmao @Omen

Omen likes this.
  6. Envy

Envy User

First day of admin for me, and i did over 50 ct bans and close to 8 server bans, the wardays were the worst, I gave a server warning, and kicked, each time was nearly 3-6 kicks. And me being admin alone for most of the time, Leads to me getting pooped on with 3 ppl complaining of freekill from different ppl, and then mic spam and dealing with players i muted/gag'd, to be randomly gag'd/muted... It was rough. But the main thing, The ct bans, We NEED some requirement to join ct.. Its so dumb that no one on ct reads the rules, For awhile while i was admining alone, we had 20 players, and only 2 cts for 2 whole maps. 2 MAPS. 1-9 RATIO... I had to ban the only players THAT WENT on guard. So we had no one. Oh, and one of the ct's that went on for most of the rounds.. Had no mic. But does not bait, nor freekill. So i let him, I think more players need to just play guard that even have a small understand of the rules, i was lenient after a few hours to ct's, just gave warnings to guards about nearly every rule, and i had too due to NO GUARDS. Something needs to happen ;/

7. NexusFalcon

NexusFalcon User

So i agree with the main point of this thread. We need some sort of requirement in place for ct. so sort of a time period that we need to play (Alive time) in the server. if it can be implemented. i`d put a requirement of 24 hours.

and the other point as well, More admins are needed.

envy, i was on for most of the night and so where you. you did well considered its your first day.

But overall, More admins and a requirement to join ct (unless no max priority wants to join ct)

8. Envy

Envy User

Pirority q will be hard and tidious for kieran and alkon to really find out the perfect time and mix. While coding it. For right now, nothing can change, but admins being a little lientent on the rules, and try to help the guards at all times, But for the future, A WORKING q would be good, But it wont be in the near future. Prob end summer.

9. Alkon

Alkon User

I don't think priority queue would fix anything, we would have same CT's all the time if it was added. I like the idea that admins would get instantly in the queue, maybe something like that for members aswell, since you expect them to know rules better than pubs.

10. Omen

Omen User

HAHAHA

11. EsseoS

EsseoS User

Eh, I made this post when there was like 3 admins, but we have 6 now so it's a useless onew.

12. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav User

@Kieran didn't you write most of the CT priority queue code for pg? or was it jon?

Anyways no matter how admins we have, we still need some sort of system to stop people who havent read the rules from joining guard.

~few ideas

1. Have a time limit (like 60m) that users have to play to join guard, of course that wouldn't apply to members or admins.
    2. Priority system based on playtime, which I personally dislike with the cap of 12hrs. max should be set at around 4-6hr.
    3. Guard restricted for members only. If someone hops on to freekill and realize that they must be a member then they're just gonna leave, but if they like the community and the rules then they might stay to become a member.
    4. i dont fucking know have them take like a test or something lmao

Arkonix and illegal like this.
  13. EsseoS

EsseoS User

I like the idea of 2 hours T playtime before joining CT

14. Arkonix

Arkonix User

I don't like guard though. D:

Emmanuelddav likes this.
  15. Emmanuelddav

Emmanuelddav User

@Kieran I'm bumping this because I played all day and we had around 5 rounds where a random CT would say "this server is trash" and then spray down a stack.
    We really need to improve the queue.

NexusFalcon and Arkonix like this.
  16. Envy

Envy User

Yesterday we had nearly 10 mass freekills in 12 rounds.

Emmanuelddav and Arkonix like this.
  17. Alkon

Alkon User

I belive that people aren't massing that much anymore. We also have a lot more admins and server is covered most of the time. No need for improvment right now,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.