1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Enjoy playing our servers and want to support the community? Purchase VIP today!

Rejected Maybe a new rank?!?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by tokonata, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokonata

tokonata Member

I was on this surf/ deathmatch server and they had this TP rank (trusted player). it allowed that player to do certain commands like mute/ unmute and private msg people without the ability to do anything super powerful like ban or kick. I don't know if you think it is a good idea but I think it would help the server: ex. people that have ben here for a while can help enforce the rules when there is no admin or they didn't see the rules being broken.

2. illegal

illegal Senior Admin

idk could be kewl i guess but only for the OGs I'd assume, or could just get more admins...if people are even applying for it

3. Lembo

Lembo YIFF manager Team Manager Media Team Premium VIP

Yea I agree with illegal, it could be helpful but at the point you would be a trusted player you might as well get admin. Espescially seeing as you don't have to pay for it here like other servers.

4. Envy

Envy User

Well a player like essoes got admin , and thought it was too much for him, so he risigned, This would be a good thing for em, We do need a new rank, but @Kieran has said its a bitch to to perms.

5. Envy

Envy User

I had a long convo with @Rapidz about a new rank, I said mod, and its for ppl that basically apply for admin and did decent+ on there admin test with a decent application, There are some admins that either feel its too much or Seem like they would be amazing as a admin, but dont turn our well, So you give them mod, it would show the leadership if they were admin material or whatever, there perms would be like a small ban, only used for hackers/mass freekillers, Mute/gag and a psay, its not much but for anyone that seems good, they will get to show what there made of, Rapidz didnt much like the idea, and thought it would be to much on kieran, But now heres an idea i just starting thinking about, Just like what you said with trusted players, But like drugs said above, if you get tp why not get admin? Well some players just dont want the responsibility of having to uphold the best of the server at all times, but play on the server a bunch, and having to know the rules all over and be fourm active, its a bunch... But if a player is on a lot, knows the rules, and hasent applied for admin for whatever reason, if leadership thinks they know a good amount and can help the server, they get the mute/gag small ban, (only for hacker/massfreekiller) and psays, They dont have to use there power, But if they want the best for there community, they will use it to help out the server. KEEP IN MIND this is ONLY USED when admins are offline, If a admin is on, The trusted player is to not use ANY POWER unless the admin tells you otherwise, If the admins are offline, and a TP is on, You may only ban for mass freekiller with proof, and hackers with proof,

With this in mind of leadership, It has a high chance of it not being added due to it being a complex step for leadership to take, but keep in mind, The players with that power are players leadership feel can help the server, but havent applied, or do not really want admin. This will also help with a issue many players have been complaining about, is admins, We can rag on them because they are our admins, but we cant treat em like trash, and a few players even myself included have a past of being rude or talking down about admins because we feel they dont do enough, and granted, its not the best, but leadership really cant do many things currently to fix the issue without having to do a serious or big change in the way of permissions, training, or staff itself. Leadership needs to do something, and this could fit as a good first step, while they go over or see over what the issues are, how to fix them, if it will fix them, and then implementing it, that could take weeks, or even months. Having the TP allows for admins to not have as stressful of a job, and will end up helping leadership by not getting so many reports about admins being inactive, or we have shit admins, or anything.

If you have anything to add to this post,go ahead, I strongly feel that a big change needs to happen, and for that to happen, we need to give leadership some time to decide on the right action and not jump right into shit.

Aspiring Musician likes this.
  6. Aspiring Musician

Aspiring Musician Community Manager Admin Support Premium VIP

Nice idea.

Envy likes this.
  7. Fergy

Fergy User

SeemsGood

8. Alkon

Alkon Founder Premium VIP

Strange you are saying that since we only had 3 bans last 3 days.

I would givr power to mute/gag/kick/swap etc. but many of those powers will VIP have when it comes out so I think it is unessecary for now .

9. Envy

Envy User

Well, Currently, admins main problem seems to just miss things, the protocal and things seem to be okay, but they just dont see things, i asked 3 in one day about why didnt they see that obvious freekill when all the t's are in the same place, and they would say they were tabbed out. The admins currently seem to not look for issues, they are reactiive, wait for a issue to pop up infront of them, and deal with it accordingly, With that in mind, admins should be a little more on the lookout for baddies, but they are missing things, and even from just the other day, i played for nearly 2-3 hours and never saw any cmd's used by the admins. Just a little fishy, We also dont have admins on at a large range of times, we have most admins on around the same few hour spam, seems liek the after school to 10 o clock are where we have 90% of them on, players still play even to 3am somenights, that included having over 10 players on the server at that time, A player should be able to essnetially moderate the server and help it so it does not die out.

The server only having 2 bans in 3 days accually :p does not change really anything, Could mean we essentially had no players on, no admins on, or the server was perfect, which has a low chance.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  10. Randy

Randy Member

I have alot of people complain of freekill and its very hard to see every freekill especially when you are playing as a terrorist cause if im facing the back of my cell afk frozen how am i supposed to see if someone was also facing the back of their cell afk frozen.like they said plus ive had many players lie of getting freekilled by someone to get them swapped sometimes we cant see every single thing that happens on the server and you have to understand that.

DaZeeY, Alkon and Lembo like this.
  11. Lembo

Lembo YIFF manager Team Manager Media Team Premium VIP

If I would say myself, the main complaint with admins not doing commands is people getting upset about getting freekilled and having to wait for next round to respawn. I think it would be beneficial to give admins respawn perms, and getting VIP/mod rolled out soonish.

12. Envy

Envy User

Well that kinda does add to the problem, admins are spouse to admin on the server, not play, rapidz does it well and even b4 his promotion, he would just sit on spectator and watch for shit, or join guard so he can still watch all the t's. If you are just never seeing issues because you are t, theres a problem right there.

13. FijiX

FijiX User

Bro I didn't read the paragraph because I got a headache and dizzy after I saw that

14. Hufflypuffly

Hufflypuffly Member

YASSSS YASSSS GET THAT SHIT NOW

15. Alkon

Alkon Founder Premium VIP

Like Randy said we can't do much if we can't see it. Same would go with the "trusted" players. If they are playing game and someone gets feeekillers and they didn't see they aren't supposed to do anything

Randy likes this.
  16. Randy

Randy Member

so what youre saying is i must play on ct or sit in spectator? If thats the case then i might aswell not even play on the server because id be having no fun. we are all here to play and have fun on the server admin powers are given to us so we can help keep it that way and we try our best and do what we can.

Lembo and Fergy like this.
  17. Envy

Envy User

Well in the admin fourms, theres a post about how admins need to prioritize admining over playing, if you are missing freekills and shit because you are playing, you are not really doing your job. Simple as that.

18. Korean(고독한)

Korean(고독한) Advisor Application Team

Envy, we do do our job. No doubt in your mind you know the rules. But as an admin, we are still players of the server. Simple as that.

Randy likes this.
  19. Randy

Randy Member

exactly what jake said. we are players on the server if my job as an admin was to sit in spectator and watch ct's i would've resigned by now.

20. EsseoS

EsseoS Admin

Well, this might work if the player had votemute or something instead of mute

and if an admins on they cannot votemute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.