Jailbreak Implemented Bring back knives instead of fist

Should Knives be brough back as the default Terrorist weapon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterjug

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 11, 2020
Ohio, United States
What are you suggesting? To bring back having your knives as your default weapon as a Terrorist instead of fists.

Why are you suggesting this? Having fists as terrorists on the server feels abnormal. I think almost everyone can agree upon this. Fists are very weak compared to having your knife, it doesn't do as much damage as your knife and almost are not able to kill a Guard with them. The only good advantages of having fists over your knife is the right click punching a guard to steal their weapon and making Guards not bait as much. Obviously these are both very good in the sense of less baiting and getting a weapon without killing a guard right away if you get the chance. But this does not excuse the fact for it still being weak. It is harder to break vents/secrets because of the reduced damage due to having fist which makes it that much more difficult to be a Terrorist on the server. If you are a terrorist it is more difficult to play games because of the punching spam the other Terrorists do which can then end up in you being killed because another Terrorist punched you.

Concluding words: Obviously the server has just started back up and we need to see how this plays out, but I feel like we should revert it to be back to the original way of jailbreak. I feel like almost everyone can agree it does not feel normal to be sitting there with your fists instead of having your knife. The cons outweigh the advantages of having your fists which is why I believe we should change it back.

waterjug

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 11, 2020
Ohio, United States
How about i change it so you get a random melee weapon (knife, spanner, axe, hmamer) all the time instead of the current 25% of t's?
That would be interesting, but I think at that point remove the ability to throw them if that's possible considering it would be cancer as every T would throw it at warden right away.

Rapidxdriftz

Admin
Jan 26, 2020
NY
i also feel like if you do that we would still have to have fists and people would still punch to mess up other people ^^^

Rapidz

Leadership
Advisor
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 27, 2020
The aspect of yoinking a gun from a ct is awesome but inconsistent.

Jinn

VIP
Jan 11, 2020
i say keep fists but also give knifes to t's at the same time the fact that you can yoink weapons makes ct's be less baity but at the same time u cant really break stuff w fists it takes a hell of a long time

Alkon

Pepega
Leadership
Community Manager
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 6, 2020
I would definitely agree that this has both downsides and upsides.

On one hand, you have a powerful tool of just yoinking a weapon from CT. On the other hand, it is rather still glitchy and range seems to be smaller than knifing range is. That kind of makes it unreliable. Its a great idea to not be mistaken but I think it's just not ready yet.

I think giving knives and bare hands to all T's would be the best solution here until (if) fists are made more reliable. Giving tools to T's could also be a solution but the problem here is if they all throw them on a warden he will probably die really quickly and it would make it anti-fun.

Overall, I would suggest just adding knives to all T's or maybe increase the chance to 50% (could be an even better choice since knives can be thrown away afaik and picked up).

Squishy

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
How about i change it so you get a random melee weapon (knife, spanner, axe, hmamer) all the time instead of the current 25% of t's?
Yeah, this is perfect. The fist mechanic is fun.

Lembo

big boss
Leadership
Advisor
Quality Assurance
Jan 11, 2020
Flavortown, USA
I can definitely see the cancer side of the warden getting 8 wrenches tossed at him, but to me that would be far more funny than frustrating. I don’t really think the average player is either going to coordinate with other T’s enough or have the aim to actually hit the warden.

Rapidz

Leadership
Advisor
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 27, 2020
I can definitely see the cancer side of the warden getting 8 wrenches tossed at him, but to me that would be far more funny than frustrating. I don’t really think the average player is either going to coordinate with other T’s enough or have the aim to actually hit the warden.
Yea I don't see many t's trying to coordinate an attack against the warden.

Status
Not open for further replies.