Not open for further replies.

Alkon

Pepega
Leadership
Community Manager
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 6, 2020
Since we last removed bad maps I thought this would help server a bit but down below-listed maps are still very unpopular and do make players quit as I've seen from first-hand experience. I recommend those to be removed in favour of new, better maps.

Please commend down below whether you agree or disagree with my picks and if anything else should be added.

jb_millenium_lega
  • There is one main cell which was two vents where everyone can enter. They both lead to three (I think) different areas which can be camped by Guards. Not friendly for 1-3 guards.
  • Game areas are very small, hard to play with 10+ Prisoners.
  • The map has some confusing buttons, not to mention everything is in Turkish
  • Has about 5 games.
  • The map is also very small and narrow.
jb_moon_v1
  • The map has very little games; about 3 playable.
  • Is very dark which makes custom models very hard to spot. Also, vision overall is poor.
jb_dusty_v1
  • Old map with old textures.
  • Doesn't have any unique games and not many playable.
  • A bit hard to get out of the main cell area.
jb_mountaincraft_v1
  • Hard to get out of main cells.
  • Very easy to rebel.
  • Games are small and not very practical.
  • Not many games.
jb_carceris_021
  • Not really a Jailbreak map
  • Lacks games
  • Huge vent network
  • Very narrow entrances to games
jb_potato_final3
  • Impractical old games.
  • Not a huge variety of games.
  • Very easy to rebel.

Squishy

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Agree with all besides moon, I don’t think it’s that bad to be honest. It has more than 3 games. Will look at the map list and add any other recommendations later.

Atl4s

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Mother Russia
steamcommunity.com
Minecraft_beta should be removed when there is a lot of ts, you rebel no problem. And you cant even have full fun of playing Jailbreak. From my experience so far, map is being Rtv as soon as it can usually when there is a lot of people on the server

Squishy

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Minecraft_beta should be removed when there is a lot of ts, you rebel no problem. And you cant even have full fun of playing Jailbreak. From my experience so far, map is being Rtv as soon as it can usually when there is a lot of people on the server
The map is pretty good for Ts but that’s only if the CTs are brain dead. I see this map voted for a lot and it’s popular. It could use some tweaks but I don’t think it’s necessary. Don’t remove.

Reactions: Rapidxdriftz

Atl4s

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Mother Russia
steamcommunity.com
The map is pretty good for Ts but that’s only if the CTs are brain dead. I see this map voted for a lot and it’s popular. It could use some tweaks but I don’t think it’s necessary. Don’t remove.
Map is really good not gonna lie, a lot of fun games, that are not that hard. But for last 4 days, specially when we are getting active, every singe day is war day. We had Emp, Squishy, Xados and me on Ct we could not control it

Alkon

Pepega
Leadership
Community Manager
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 6, 2020
A lot of fun games? Well yeah not sure about that :p

Looking at playable games, you really only have climb (where Prisoners can rebel), dropdown (where many Prisoners die), TNT run (same thing, everyone dies), sword game?; not sure if that works and maze. Not that many games sadly.

Reactions: fergy

Squishy

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Map is really good not gonna lie, a lot of fun games, that are not that hard. But for last 4 days, specially when we are getting active, every singe day is war day. We had Emp, Squishy, Xados and me on Ct we could not control it
I was playing it yesterday and it was a catastrophe with horrible CTs. Rapidz and I join CT and stay aware of vents and armory and we immediately have a good round. It just requires competence.

Atl4s

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Mother Russia
steamcommunity.com
A lot of fun games? Well yeah not sure about that :p

Looking at playable games, you really only have climb (where Prisoners can rebel), dropdown (where many Prisoners die), TNT run (same thing, everyone dies), sword game?; not sure if that works and maze. Not that many games sadly.
I mean tnt run, is pretty cool, as soon you know the proper way, for awp secret you can have a ct, watching from cat walk, you have clear sight looking inside. and for drop donw, just dont play it

Alkon

Pepega
Leadership
Community Manager
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 6, 2020
TNT run always kills 90% thought.

Alkon

Pepega
Leadership
Community Manager
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 6, 2020
Most of ts cant play any games because they never practice on free days and etc when they have free time. I can count on fingers experienced players that can play most of jail break mini games. Like hard climb on Obama is hella easy, but out 20 only 4-5 usually completes
I will have to disagree with that. I do that climb a lot of times and almost every time, I get out 50% of participating prisoners. It's not that difficult.
The problem with TNT run is that they do AOE damage which kills others.

Squishy

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
My opinion on the games is that there could be more but it doesn’t warrant it being removed. Also toohard I don’t think that was me lol.

EsseoS

Feb 4, 2020
we should ban the server for having such awful maps in the first place.

Really though, I agree with banning every map listed in the original post.

Lembo

big boss
Leadership
Advisor
Quality Assurance
Jan 11, 2020
Flavortown, USA
I actually haven't even seen most of these played, but I can say moon, mountaincraft, and carceris should go. Like you said moon is not great with only a few decent games, and the overall look of the map isn't enjoyable to me. Carceris has potential to be a good map, but it is simply too large and it seems like more of a map maker showing off how "pretty" they can make a map. I've seen rounds down to 2-3 minutes left with barely anyone dead. Mountaincraft is just not a great map, its layout is doodoo and there isn't many games worth playing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.