• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Suggestion: Remove the feature that makes Ts that damage CTs red
Why?: The CTs should have to figure out who threw that grenade or molotov or hammer for themselves- it makes those weapons almost completely useless. It confuses CTs who shoot on sight even when a prisoner who is known to have rebelled by damaging a CT has been pardoned. It promotes shooting into stack too.

I don't know how the community feels about this but to me it just makes already underpowered. The fading doesn't fix anything because the red Ts are shot too fast.

Alkon

Pepega
Leadership
Community Manager
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 6, 2020
I'll have to disagree with this one.

Jailbreak is overall already T sided and this gives at least some power to the CT's. There was a point on the server when red T's weren't enabled yet and it was quite stupid since you could rebel and nothing would happen to you because most of the CT's didn't want to guess or rather kill a T by a chance they remembered his name. I do understand your concerns but I just think that the bad outcome of this change outweighs good outcome.
Will obviously wait and see what others have to say.

Reactions: Squishy

waterjug

Senior Admin
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 11, 2020
Ohio, United States
I'll have to disagree with this one.

Jailbreak is overall already T sided and this gives at least some power to the CT's. There was a point on the server when red T's weren't enabled yet and it was quite stupid since you could rebel and nothing would happen to you because most of the CT's didn't want to guess or rather kill a T by a chance they remembered his name. I do understand your concerns but I just think that the bad outcome of this change outweighs good outcome.
Will obviously wait and see what others have to say.
I’m going to agree with Alkon on this one. It’s very easy to rebel and kill CTs, giving them the power of damaging CT’s without being known who did it is a huge advantage. It also makes life as an admin more difficult because it would make us do more work to figure out if a CT free killed a T or not.

Squishy

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Ok, valid points. Ts are definitely op and this would definitely benefit them. However, I think there are other ways to fix that. Most of the time, this red coloring only causes Ts who have damaged CTs for small amounts to be killed. I’ve played a lot of jailbreak without this feature and if I’m completely honest I don’t notice that much of a difference. It does nothing to counter people who often massacre the entire guard squad with a sniper (like myself). It’s honestly just annoying. Admin point is valid. Maybe only those who kill a CT could be marked?

Rapidxdriftz

Admin
Jan 26, 2020
NY
I feel like the way it is with T's being red is ok i have never had any issues or been killed on sight because im red I have only been killed if i have killed a guard or full on rebelled by not doing the game so on and so fourth i think this feature is overall good and should stay as is because it causes no issues for T's (such as being KOS) and only helps the guards a little bit anyways.

Squishy

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
I feel like the way it is with T's being red is ok i have never had any issues or been killed on sight because im red I have only been killed if i have killed a guard or full on rebelled by not doing the game so on and so fourth i think this feature is overall good and should stay as is because it causes no issues for T's (such as being KOS) and only helps the guards a little bit anyways.
Definitely has not been my experience lol. I often have to wait to respawn because the warden says to kill all reds.

Last edited:

Lembo

big boss
Leadership
Advisor
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 11, 2020
Flavortown, USA
The only downside to this is I thought I was funny to throw a wrench/hammer at a guard without the intention to rebel, but now you basically have to commit to actually rebelling. Otherwise I think red T’s is fine.

Squishy

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
The only downside to this is I thought I was funny to throw a wrench/hammer at a guard without the intention to rebel, but now you basically have to commit to actually rebelling. Otherwise I think red T’s is fine.
In the same way, this makes stray grenades and molotovs useless unless you plan to rush multiple guards unarmed.

Rapidz

Leadership
Advisor
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 27, 2020
I’m going to agree with Alkon on this one. It’s very easy to rebel and kill CTs, giving them the power of damaging CT’s without being known who did it is a huge advantage. It also makes life as an admin more difficult because it would make us do more work to figure out if a CT free killed a T or not.
Agree that it makes It easier to identify a free kill and admin jobs easier
Definitely has not been my experience lol. I often have to wait to respawn because the warden says to kill all reds.
If you decided to damage a ct I think you should be commited to rebelling for the reason most wardens wont pardon reds and you don't want to feel like you wasted the round.

Squishy

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
If you decided to damage a ct I think you should be commited to rebelling for the reason most wardens wont pardon reds and you don't want to feel like you wasted the round.
But that’s lame. Damaging a CT from any distance with a one time grenade or hammer will never be an option anyone will take. Making an actual attempt to kill CTs is one thing, throwing a stray projectile is another element of the game that this feature completely removes. Makes them useless. Not fun.

Rapidxdriftz

Admin
Jan 26, 2020
NY
But that’s lame. Damaging a CT from any distance with a one time grenade or hammer will never be an option anyone will take. Makes them useless. Not fun.
cant you use grenades to break vents? or secrets not 100% but if not then yes they are indeed useless

Squishy

Admin
VIP
Jan 26, 2020
Maybe the red could be based on the damage you do? So less damage fades quicker.
That or only on CT kill. Not sure if I like it that much because you do get killed almost immediately either way.

Lembo

big boss
Leadership
Advisor
Quality Assurance
VIP
Jan 11, 2020
Flavortown, USA
That or only on CT kill. Not sure if I like it that much because you do get killed almost immediately either way.
I actually think this is the best most interesting idea, a CT getting shot with say a less than lethal weapon SHOULD be able to figure out who is shooting him without the red color, and this could prove interesting if say they T's are grouped and they drop the gun to someone else.

Often times T's who only do some damage and don't kill a CT get pardoned, but then just die anyway by another CT making a mistake or what have you.

T's should certainly get marked red upon killing a guard though.

Kieran

Hiya
Leadership
Community Manager
VIP
Technical
Jan 2, 2020
I actually think this is the best most interesting idea, a CT getting shot with say a less than lethal weapon SHOULD be able to figure out who is shooting him without the red color, and this could prove interesting if say they T's are grouped and they drop the gun to someone else.

Often times T's who only do some damage and don't kill a CT get pardoned, but then just die anyway by another CT making a mistake or what have you.

T's should certainly get marked red upon killing a guard though.
I like this idea, seems more balanced.

Kieran

Hiya
Leadership
Community Manager
VIP
Technical
Jan 2, 2020
This has now been disabled completely.

Status